Marathon and Lincoln County embarked upon a joint grazing project in 1998 to meet the increased technical and educational needs of the landowners in both counties. The objectives of the project are still relevant today and include:
- Provide one-on-one farm planning assistance to farmers wanting to implement Managed Grazing. This would include fencing design and layout, travel lanes, and watering systems.
- Educate farmers and agricultural professionals about the benefits of Managed Grazing through pasture walks, winter conferences, and media.
- Educate local agricultural lenders, educators, and leaders about the benefits of Managed Grazing.
- Rental Agreements for equipment use:
- Grazing Presentations: Heart of Wisconsin Grazing Conference 2013 (all presentations below are in PDF)