2018 Employee Wellness Program
(Click on each item below for more information)
Wellness Program Information
2018 Employee Wellness Program Flyer
2018 Cover Letter
How To Get Started
How to Earn the Health Plan Incentive
2018 New Hire Instructions
January, February, March, April, May, June, July, August, September, October, November, December
Biometric Screening (Bronze: 250 wellness points) (Due Date has Past)
Health Assessment (Bronze: 250 wellness points) (Due Date has Past)
Health Coach Sessions (Bronze: 250 wellness points each)
Wellness Challenges: (500 wellness points each)
- GHT - Resolution Recharge (Feb 4th - March 17)
- GHT - Fitness Challenge (April 8th - May 19th)
- Fight with Fiber Challenge (September 10th- October 21st)
Wellness Prevenative Exam Forms: (250-500 wellness points each)
October 1st, 2017 - October 31st, 2017
- Group Ski Night
- Wellness HIkes
- Wellness Fair
- October 3rd from 10-5:00 pm at NCHC (Next to theater)
Wellness Lunch and Learns:
- Stress Management and Wellness Culture - April 2nd, NCHC, Theater
- Weight Management and Wellness Clinic - June 19th, NCHC Theater
- Health Snacks and Lunches - September 18th, NCHC Theater
Inbody Analysis: Body Composition
- Schedule in the Wellness Portal Here. If you are not in the wellness program, please contact the health coach to schedule.
Marathon County Wellness Opportunities
CSA (100 wellness points)
Marathon County is offering a Workplace CSA Program in 2018!
Join Cattail Organics farm and take home a box of fresh, organic produce each week (or every other week) during the growing season.
Share cost: $300 (every other week share) or $550 (every week share) June-October
Share options: Every Other Week and Every Week Shares. Additional Options for Spring and Fall Shares
Sign-up deadline: Initial Sign-up through February 1st – subject to availability after that time.
Sign-up: The CSA sign-up form can be downloaded above.
- Please send CSA order form and check to: Kat Becker, 7163 Rangline Road, Athens, WI
Marathon County Drop Site: Shares will be delivered on Wednesdays between 11am and 5pm to 212 River Drive, Room #2, beginning May 12 (spring shares); June 12th (regular season shares)
Farm website: cattailorganics.com – click on CSA for more info
Contact: Farmer Kat Becker 715-432-4683 - firstname.lastname@example.org or Health Coach, Asia Bay - email@example.com
Incentives: Signup by February 1st will be entered into a drawing for three prizes: T-shirt, Local Food Cookbook, or Tank Top.
Zumba (100 wellness points)
(May Continue in the Fall 2018)
Zumba Flyer Zumba Waiver
What is Zumba? Zumba is an aerobic fitness activity that combines Latin and international music with dance moves. Its routines incorporate interval training — alternating fast and slow rhythms — and resistance training. It’s the class that started the dance-fitness revolution and changed the way we look at a “workout” forever. It’s fun, effective and best of all? Made for everyone!
Why Participate? Not only is it a fun workout that you can do with friends, family, and/or coworkers but it’s conveniently offered right after work hours.
What do I need to do to Participate? All you need to do is attend any Zumba Class on the schedule below and pay the $6 drop in for each class you attend. Families and friends may also attend any of the classes for $6/class.
Yoga (100 wellness points)
(May Continue in the Fall)
Yoga Flyer Yoga Waiver
Stretch and strengthen in Yoga classes! Let your movements connect to your breathing in what is called ‘Vinyasa Flow’ or mindful movements with steady, smooth breathing
- Manage stress and tension
- Develop flexibility and balance
- Create steady energy & mental focus
Class Series Details
- All abilities are welcome
- 8-Week series May 9th - June 27th, 2018
- Wednesdays 5:00 – 5:45 pm
- ‘Vinyasa Flow’ focusing on safe movements and postures that are strong, adaptations & overall stress management techniques
- East Gate Hall, Marathon Park
- Cost for the 8-Week series is $20/employee
- Marathon County is contributing to the cost by paying half the fee for employees
- Please bring your own mat & dress comfortably
- Sign up by sending check & registration form to Mary Jo Maly through interoffice mail or to 500 Forest St., Wausau. WI 54403 by May 4th, 2018 to receive discounts price.
- Only 25 Spots are available. First come, First Serve Basis. Must meet a minimum number to hold class.
- Registration form found on wellness website or in your emails to Mary Jo Maly
- Adaptations will be shared so feet, knees, wrists and shoulders to stay healthy
Heather Van Dalfsen, MEd, E-RYT 500, Certified Viniyoga Teacher & Yoga Therapist in Training
Angie Reuter, RYT-200, Certified Viniyoga Wellness Instructor
Weight Watchers (100 wellness points)
Weight Watchers Flyer
5 Reasons to Join Weight Watchers
1. Deals days are offered now! Anyone who joins between February 5 through February 23rdwill receive 15% off the next series program fee PLUS a free Weight Watchers starter kit*
- *Pay $132.60 vs $156 for 12 weeks
- *Next series starts March 6th
- *Starter Kit = Omelet maker, chopper, cutting board, Weight Watcher cook book
2. Marathon County will pay 1/3 of the series fee for employees new to the program
3. Miss no more than 2 weekly on-site sessions and:
*Health plan members will receive reimbursement from GHT for your out of pocket program expense!
*Receive 100 wellness points for the 2018 Wellness Program
4. Attend convenient weekly on-site Weight Watchers meetings with co-workers!
*Meet on Tuesdays at 5 pm at 212 River Drive
5. Learn better eating habits and lose weight!
So check out this special offer by attending one of the Tuesday sessions between February 5th – February 23rd to see if Weight Watchers at Work might be for you. Feel free to invite your friends and family to attend with you!