The Marathon County Health Department can advise and provide education to assist tenants with housing issues, such as mold, indoor air quality and lead paint. Due to a lack of regulation, the Department must often rely on non-enforcement intervention to gain results with property owners.

The Department may also refer tenants to other appropriate agencies for assistance.  Some local municipalities have building inspectors that can assist with substandard housing concerns.  Check with your local municipal office.

Know your rights and responsibilities as a tenant. Read your lease agreement carefully!

If you have a specific legal question, you should consult an attorney. Income eligible households can contact Judicare at 715-842-1681 with legal questions.

It should be noted that mobile home park operator-tenant relations are further regulated by Chapter ATCP 125.



If you would like more information on environmental health, please contact the Marathon County Health Department by sending an email to our Sanitarians, or by calling 715-261-1900.

If you would like to file a complaint, request, or report, doing so will create a public record that is subject to disclosure pursuant to Wisconsin public records law.


Help us improve this website - take our survey