WHERE CAN I GET TESTED FOR TB?
As of January 1, 2018 Marathon County Health Department no longer provides TB screening for work, school or volunteering. However, if you have other risk factors for TB, such as being foreign born, you may qualify for TB screening through Marathon County Health Department. Marathon County Health Department screens clients for TB with a TB skin test. To get a TB skin test, call Marathon County Health Department at: (715) 261-1900.
- A nurse will ask you some questions regarding risk factors for TB. If the questions indicate that you may be at risk for TB, the nurse will take your contact information and one of the TB nurses will call you within 2-3 business days to review the questions and confirm your eligibility for testing. If eligible, the TB nurse will schedule an appointment with you for testing.
If you need a TB test quickly or for work, school, or volunteering Marathon County Health Department is aware of the following health care organizations that also provide TB skin tests or blood tests:
- Ascension Occupational Health 715-355-9401
- Aspirus Occupational Health 715-847-2812
- Astia Health 888-885-4434
- Marshfield Clinic Occupational Health 877-962-2633
Call them for hours and cost.