AM I AT RISK?
Only people who are at risk for TB need to be tested.
Who should get a TB test?
You should get tested for TB if:
- You have spent time with a person known to have active TB disease or suspected to have active TB disease; or
- You have HIV infection, drink heavily or are an intravenous drug user, or have another condition the weakens the immune system and puts you at high risk for active TB disease; or
- You think you might have active TB disease; or
- You arrived from a country where active TB disease is very common (most countries in Latin America and the Caribbean, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and Russia); or
- You live somewhere in the United States that active TB disease is more common such as a homeless shelter, migrant farm camp, prison or jail, and some nursing homes.