Treasure Marathon County—don’t trash it!
Adopt-a-Highway allows groups* to volunteer and directly support an anti-litter program in Marathon County.
You can find the Adopt-a-Highway permit application on our permits page, but please read the documents below before submitting an application.
If you would like to adopt a state highway, please visit WisDOT’s page on adopting state highways.
What can your group accomplish by participating?
- Reduce litter along Marathon County highways
- Build statewide support for the anti-litter and highway beautification programs
- Educate the traveling public to properly dispose of litter
- Enhance the environment and beautify Marathon County’s roadsides
- Gain recognition for your efforts
For more information, follow the links below or call 715-261-1800 between 8 AM and 4 PM, Monday–Friday.
You can find the Adopt-a-Highway permit application on our permits page.
*Partisan political groups, defined as “groups of people with common political opinions and purposes organized for gaining political influence and governmental control, and for directing government policies,” are not allowed to participate in Adopt-a-Highway.