The range opened for the season at Noon on Wednesday, May 2, 2018
Duane L. Corbin Shooting Range
Location: 2173 Rifle Road, Mosinee.
Directions: From Wausau take US 51 south 3 miles to CTH N, CTH N west 2 miles to CTH KK, CTH KK south 6 miles to park. For more information call the Park Office at 261-1550.
(Park Map PDF 172kb)
Shooting Range Flyer PDF 105kb
The 600 yard range is not open to the general
public. It is for use by the Marathon County Rifle and Pistol Club
2018 Season: Shooting Range Park opened at Noon, Wednesday, May 2rd and will be open during the below schedule through 4:30 pm, Friday, November 16th, the day before opening day of the regular gun deer season. Annually, the park is closed from the opening day of gun deer hunting season until the end of April.
MAY - SEPTEMBER:
Opens Wednesday, May 2rd
Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Wednesday, Noon - 8 p.m.
Labor Day, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
NOVEMBER 1 - 16:
Closes for the year on Friday, November 16 at 4:30 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
In 2018, the trap range portion of the shooting range will be closed to the public on various dates due to Rifle and Pistol Club competitive matches, Youth Sporting Heritage Day, and other scheduled events. Typically, for the Rifle and Pistol Club matches, the club sets up and practices on Saturdays with matches held on Sundays. Please note the pistol range, and the 100 yard and 300 yard ranges will remain open to the public on these dates. The trap range is that portion of the range where ONLY BIODEGRADABLE clay pigeons are targeted with a shotgun.
Dates the trap range will be closed in 2018:
Saturday, May 19, 2018 - closed all day
Sunday, May 20, 2018 - closed all day
Wednesday, May 30, 2018 - closed all day
Saturday, June 2, 2018 - closed all day
Sunday, June 3, 2018 - closed all day
Saturday, June 23, 2018 - closed all day
Sunday, June 24, 2018 - closed all day
Saturday, July 7, 2018 - closed all day
Sunday, July 8, 2018 - closed all day
Saturday, July 21, 2018 - closed all day
Sunday, July 22, 2018 - closed all day
Saturday, August 11, 2018 - closed all day
Sunday, August 12, 2018 - closed all day
Wednesday, August 15, 2018 - closed all day
Saturday, August 25, 2018 - Sporting Heritage Youth Day - the Bench Rest Range and 25/50 yard Hunters Range will also be closed
Sunday, August 26, 2018 - closed all day
Saturday, September 8, 2018 - closed all day
Sunday, September 9, 2018 - closed all day
Daily Shooting Fees:
(Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, and Archery):
1. Daily Shooting Fee (12 years and older), $4.00
2. The fee entitles each rifle or pistol shooter to the use of a target backing and stake, a "Delta" gun rest and sand bags. There is no fee for non-shooting park visitors.
3. Youth under 12 years old, FREE
Annual Shooting Range Pass:
1. Entitles owner to use the range during public shooting hours for one year from date of purchase.
2. Annual Shooting Range Pass (12 years & older), $40.00
|Items For Sale
|Rifle & Pistol Targets
||$0.75 to $1.50
|1" Target Dots
||$0.75 for 6
|3" Target Dots
||$0.75 for 2
|6" Target Centers
||$0.75 for 1
|Ear Muff Rental
|Disposable Ear Plugs
||$17.00 per box
|Soda and Water
The public may not use the shooting range if it is not open.The Archery Range includes the use of elevated stands and bales for the targets.
Two mechanical clay pigeon throwers are provided at the Clay Target Range. Only biodegradable clay pigeons may be used at the park. Clay pigeons are available for purchase at the range by the box.
Marathon County Ordinances pertaining to Shooting Range Park:19.06(3) Firearms. No person shall have in his possession or under his control any firearm as defined in §167.31(c), Wis. Stats., or airgun as defined in §939.22, Wis. Stats., unless the same is unloaded and encased or any bow unless the same is unstrung or enclosed in a carrying case in any County park except that portion of Shooting Range Park north of Four Mile Creek where the use of firearms, airguns or bows is permitted on designated range areas in accordance with posted regulations.19.06(4) Shooting Range Park.(a) No person shall discharge any firearm, airgun or bow in any area within Shooting Range Park not specifically designated for such use or contrary to posted regulations or contrary to verbal orders given by the Rangemaster on duty.(b) No person shall possess or discharge any fully automatic or machine gun or load or discharge any firearm deemed unsafe in the judgment of the Rangemaster or load any firearm with or discharge any armor piercing or incendiary ammunition at Shooting Range Park. This paragraph shall not apply to authorized military or law enforcement training exercises.(c) No person shall engage in any sport or activity while in possession of an uncased firearm, airgun or bow which, in the judgment of any law enforcement officer or the Rangemaster, constitutes a safety hazard.
Shooting Range Park Regulations:
1. Shooters shall register with the Rangemaster before entering the firing line.
2. Adult supervision is required for shooters under 14 years of age. Shooters under 14 years old must be accompanied by a parent, guardian or adult designated by the parent or guardian.
3. Firearms are not permitted inside the Range Office. Only unloaded firearms may be brought into the Lodge for training purposes under the supervision of an instructor.
4. Firearms shall be unloaded and enclosed within a carrying case until the shooter is on the firing line.
5. Uncased firearms shall be pointed down range at all times.
6. Loaded firearms are permitted only on the firing line and shall not be left unattended at any time.
7. Keep firearm actions open except while in a shooting position on the firing line.
8. Firearms are not permitted in the target access trenches or target pits.
9. Holsters shall not be worn on the firing line and fast draw or hip shooting are prohibited.
10. Rapid firing is prohibited.
11. Firearms and ammunition shall not be handled by anyone on the firing line during a “cease fire” ordered by the Rangemaster.
12. Any center-fire cartridge larger than .50 caliber is prohibited.
13. Shooting privileges may be revoked without refund at any time for misconduct or nuisance.
14. Only paper or cardboard targets shall be used on target holders provided at the range. Any other target material must be approved by the Rangemaster.
15. All target material must be removed and placed in waste containers after shooting.
16. Used shell casings must be picked up and placed in collection receptacles.
17. Consuming alcohol beverages within Shooting Range Park is prohibited. Anyone the Rangemaster believes to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to use the range.
KEEP GUN SAFETY A PRIORITY - CARELESSNESS MAY COST A LIFEEYE AND EAR PROTECTION ARE STRONGLY RECOMMENDEDPLEASE SHOOT SAFELY