Public Records Forms & Information
In light of recent court decisions regarding the Drivers Privacy Protection Act and its effect on public records, we may not be able to provide un-redacted reports. All reports are reviewed prior to being released, and some confidential information on the report may be redacted (blacked out) unless a requester certifies a permissible use as listed in the Certification section of the Public Records Request and Certification Form The requester will be notified of redactions and denials.
Purchase Un-Redacted Crash Reports from the State of WI
Follow on-line instructions
- Allow 7-10 days after crash date before requesting the crash form.
- Date of crash and driver's license number is required.
- Pre-payment of $6 on-line required.
- Report can be downloaded immediately after payment.
Sheriff's Department Forms
Public Records Request and Certification Form
Notice of Right to Inspect Public Records
Fees - Prepayment Required
Reports that can be returned to requester by e-mail will not have a cost.
If picked up, mailed or faxed, appropriate charges listed below must be prepaid before processing of the request will start.
- Accidents, offenses or citations $3.00 mail or fax (first 10 pages) – $2.00 in person
- Additional Pages or Other Records $ .20 per page
- Digital Pictures on CD $5.00 per CD
- Printed Photographs (3" x 5") $ .25 per photo
- Audio/Video Recordings on CD $5.00 per recording
- Download request form and save as a PDF file on your computer
- Fillable Form – type in requested info
- If you want a record e-mailed back to you, e-mail completed request to: public records. If fee is required for request, mail request and make check payable to:
Marathon County Sheriff’s Department
500 Forest Street
Wausau, WI 54403-5554
- Allow 7-10 working days for a response.