What is Marathon County's IDEAS Academy?
Marathon County’s IDEAS Academy provides all employees with the tools to innovate through education and mentorship on the principles of continuous improvement, with the goal of making Marathon County the preferred place to live, work, visit and do business in the State.
The acronym IDEAS stands for Improvement Driven by Employee Awareness and Study, and serves to reinforce our message.
- All employees have a basic level of understanding of, and recognize the value of, continuous improvement.
- All employees are empowered to innovate.
- Management supports staff pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Efficient, effective government for the benefit of the community of Marathon County.
- There is always room for improvement.
- Barriers to perfect solutions should not prevent us from pursuing better processes.
- Innovation is essential to sustain high levels of quality and continue to attract people and businesses.
- Our employees closest to the work will be in the best position to improve processes and develop innovative solutions.
- In pursuit of improvement, we may experience failure; fear of failure will not deter us.
- The public expects government to provide high level and cost effective services.