(View Minutes & Agendas)
Membership: The Marathon County Board Chairperson shall appoint four County Board Supervisors to the committee as well as one FSA Member
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
1. Administer Wisconsin Statutes 92 and 92.07 and maintain the following:
a. Section 295.13, 59.51, Wisconsin Statutes, Non-metallic Mining Reclamation Ordinance
b. Section 31.89, 31.32, 31.39, 56.70 (8), 59.70(20), 66.0103, 87.30, 92.07, 281.31, 281.35 Wisconsin Statutes County Dam Property.
c. Section 59.02, 59.03, 59.54 and 92.6, Wisconsin Statutes, Animal Manure Storage Management Ordinance
2. Review preventative and control measure for flood prevention and conservation.
3. Adopt standards and specification for management practices to control erosion, sedimentation and non-point source water pollution.
4. Prepare the annual and long-range plans, an annual report and an erosion control plan for the County.
5. Encourage soil and water conservation research and educational information and public service programs.
6. Carry out preventive and control measures and works of improvement for flood control, conservation development, utilization and control of water within the County.
7. Hold public hearings for relinquishments and special uses in the farmland preservation plan.
8. Administer the wildlife damage and abatement program including approving the annual budget, claims, and fence contracts.
9. Distribute and allocated federal, state and county funds made available to the committee for cost-sharing programs and other incentive programs for improvements and practices relating to soil and water conservation private or public lands, and within the limits permitted under these programs, determine the methods of allocating these funds.
10. Coordinate all land use and environmental issues in the county.
11. Review and monitor land use activity by towns, villages, cities, and entities.
12. Recommend land use policies, plans and regulations.
13. Examine and consider all matters regarding zoning, subdivision plats,
property acquisition, and on-site waste disposal.
14. Recommend the adoption or amendments of the County Comprehensive
Plan to the County Board.
15. Act as the Planning and Zoning Committee pursuant Section 59.69(2),
Wisconsin Statutes, and maintain the following:
a. Section 59.69, Wisconsin Statutes, Zoning Ordinance
b. Section 59.692, Wisconsin Statutes, Shoreland Zoning Ordinance
c. Section 59, Wisconsin Statutes, Floodplain Zoning Ordinance
d. Section 145.20 Wisconsin Statutes, private Sewage Septic Ordinance
e. Section 236.45 Wisconsin Statutes, Land Subdivison Regulations
f. Section 59.69, Wisconsin Statutes, Solid and Hazardous Waste Siting Ordinance
g. Section 59.69, Wisconsin Statutes, Uniform Citation Ordinance
h. Rural Numbering Ordinance
i. Sexually Oriented Business Ordinance
Page List |
Copyright: Marathon County, Wisconsin