(View Minutes & Agendas)
Mission / Purpose: Provide a park and forest recreation system that will meet the needs of our current and future generations; preserve and protect the County's open spaces, water, historical, cultural, and natural resources; and provide recreation opportunities that are designed to enhance the County's quality of life.
Membership: The Marathon County Administrator shall appoint seven (7) members to the Park Commission. Those members shall be comprised of three (3) Marathon County Board Supervisors, three (3) Wausau City Council members, and one (1) citizen member.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Monitor, preserve, and protect the County's open spaces, water, historical, cultural, natural, and economic resources.
- Determine and recommend recreational and tourism programs within the County.
- Recommend policy and funding for establishing and implementing park and recreation programs and facilities.
- Monitor and recommend policy for the development and maintenance of recreation trails including County sponsored trails and State funded trails.
- Make rules and recommend ordinances for the regulation of the use and enjoyment of the County parks, trails, and recreation lands.
County Board Supervisors: Contact
City Council Members: Contact
Connie Conrad, 1708 Stark Street, Wausau, WI 54403