(View Minutes & Agendas)
Mission/Purpose: Provide the leadership for implementation of the Strategic Plan, monitoring outcomes, reviewing and recommending to theCounty Board all policies related to educational and economic development initiatives of Marathon County.
Statutory responsibilities: 59.56(3) Wis. Stats.
Membership: Shall be comprised of seven (7) County Board supervisors appointed by the County Board Chairperson at the April meeting of the County Board in even numbered years.
Term: Members shall serve for a two year term concurrent with their terms of office as County Board Supervisors.
Reporting Relationship: The Extension, Education and Economic Development Committee shall have responsibility for outcome monitoring and oversight of the performance of education and economic development initiatives supported by Marathon County. The Committee shall have the primary responsibility of conferring with and acting as liaison for the following County departments:
- Industrial Development Agency
- Marathon County Development Corporation (MCDEVCO)
- Marathon County Public Library Board
- UW Extension
- Marathon County Historical Society
- Work Force Development Board
- Diversity Affairs Commission
Duties and responsibilities of the Extension, Education and Economic Development Committee include but are not limited to:
1. Foster the implementation of the County’s Strategic Plan initiatives related to education and economic development.
2. Identify the need for and recommend to the County Board, policies related to education and economic development initiatives appropriately supported by Marathon County.
3. Review new programs and associated budget requirements, prior to their being considered for inclusion in the County’s budget.
4. Facilitate broad based discussion of issues and policies encouraging public involvement and communications with the public.
5. Serve as the initial contact point for individual and/or organizations who wish to influence County Board policy regarding County education and economic development.
6. Delegate operational procedures and practices to appropriate administrative committees and department(s) of the County.
7. Review and recommend to the County Board programmatic and facility plans consistent with the community’s expectations for the UWMC.
8. Serve as the County's Extension and Education Committee by performing the followng responsibilities:
a. Establish UW County based extension department policy
b. Provide budget oversight for UW County based extension department
c. Provide input and monitor their performance on the County based UW Extension programming
d. Create policies and strategies that accomplish educational needs in an efficient and cost effective manner
e. Provide a leadership role with the County Board and other community partners to preserve and enhance access to the resources of the public university
f. Assess future community educational needs
g. Facilitate a partnership between the County and the University of Wisconsin
9. Additional duties as assigned by the County Board Chairperson.
Committee Relationships: The Extension, Education and Economic Development Task Force Committee shall provided leadership for the interaction, communication, and policy recommendations to the County Board with respect to the following:
• Industrial Development Agency
Other Organization Relationships: The Extension, Education and Economic Development Committee will also serve as Marathon County’s liaison to the following organizations;
• Marathon County Library Board
• North Central Wisconsin Workforce Development Board (NCWWDB)
• Wisconsin Valley Library Board (WVLB)
• North Central Regional Planning
• Northcentral Technical College (NTC)
• Marathon County Agriculture Society
• Marathon County Development Corporation (MCDEVCO)
• University of Wisconsin-Marathon County (UWMC)
• Diversity Affairs Commission
Sara Guild, Chairperson
Romey Wagner, Vice-Chair
Contact Information for Commitee Members