(View Minutes & Agendas)
Mission/Purpose: Provide leadership for the implementation of the County Strategic Plan, monitoring outcomes, reviewing and recommending to the County Board policies related to Human Resources initiatives of Marthon County.
Membership: The Human Resources Committee shall be comprised of seven (7) County Board supervisors, appointed by the County Board Chairperson at the April meeting of the County Board in even numbered years.
Term: Members shall serve a two year term concurrent with their terms of office as County Board Supervisors.
Reporting Relationship: The Human Resources Committee shall be accountable to the County Board. It shall have the responsibility for outcome monitoring and overseeing the implementation of all policies related to Human Resources of the County. The Human Resources Committee shall have the primary responsibility for conferring with and providing guidance to the following county departments:
• Employee Resources Department
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Human Resources Committee include but are not limited to:
1. Provide the leadership for the development, and recommend for consideration by the County Board all personnel, labor and other employee relations policies.
2. Provide leadership for the development and implementation of employee compensation, benefits, and working conditions structure which provides internal and external consistency and equality for all County employees, officers, and officials.
3. Monitor the implementation of County Human Resources policies including organization compliance with annual budgets for Human Resources.
4. Assure a County employee classification system is developed, maintained and appropriately implemented.
5. Serve as the County’s employee grievance committee, hearing, as required, all employee grievances and issuing decisions, when required by ordinances or labor contracts.
6. Act as the Trier of fact in disciplinary hearings, and request, as appropriate, the involvement of County Corporation Counsel to assist in conducting disciplinary hearing.
7. Additional duties as may be assigned by the County Board Chairperson.
Other Organization Relationships:
The Human Resources Committee will also serve as Marathon County’s liaison to the following organizations;
• Civil Service Commission
• Labor Management Committee
Page List |
Copyright: Marathon County, Wisconsin