(View Minutes & Agendas)
Mission/Purpose: Provide leadership for the implementation of the Strategic Plan, monitoring outcomes, reviewing and recommending to the County Board policies related to infrastructure initiatives of Marathon County which includes but is not limited to highways, airways, water ways, etc.
Statutory Responsibilities: Wis. Stats. Sec. 83.015 and their successor statutes.
Membership: The Infrastructure Committee will be comprised of seven (7) County Board Supervisors, appointed by the County Board Chairperson at the April meeting of the County Board in even numbered years.
Term: Members shall serve two year terms concurrent with their terms of office as County Board Supervisors.
Reporting Relationship: The Infrastructure Committee is accountable to the County Board. It shall have the responsibility for outcome monitoring and overseeing implementation of all policies related to the Counties infrastructure, including but not limited to the airport, highways, communication systems, and all other infrastructure required within Marathon County. The Infrastructure Committee shall have the primary responsibility of conferring with and providing guidance to the following County departments:
• Highway Department
• Maintenance Department
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Infrastructure Committee will include but not be limited to:
1. Foster the implementation of the County’s Strategic Plan.
2. Proactively identify the need for, and recommend to the County Board, polices related to the infrastructure of the County.
3. Establish outcome expectations for infrastructure needs and monitor performance against these expectations.
4. Review new infrastructure and associated budget requirements, prior to their being considered for inclusion in the County’s budget.
5. Facilitate broad based discussion of issues and polices to encourage public involvement and communication with the public.
6. Serve as the initial contact point for individuals and or organizations who wish to influence County Board policy regarding County infrastructure.
7. Delegate operational procedures and practices to appropriate administrative committees and departments of County government.
8. Fulfill all statutory requirements as assigned by the County Board.
9. Develop and propose for County Board approval plans for the construction and maintenance of all County trunk roads and bridges and the construction, improvement, equipment, maintenance, and operation of the highway department and grounds.
10. Report to the County Board on all matters under the jurisdiction of the Highway Department including highways, County highway speed limits and traffic control devices.
11. Advise the board regarding leases, contracts and agreements necessary to implement the controlled access highway statute pursuant to Wis. Stats., Sec. 83.027.
12. Act as the highway committee pursuant to Wis. Stats., Sec. 83.
13. Oversee the implementation of purchasing procedures consistent with County purchasing policies.
14. Propose for County Board approval, a long-term infrastructure plan
15. Additional duties as assigned by the County Board Chairperson.
Committee Relationships: The Infrastructure Committee shall be the committee of jurisdiction providing the leadership for interaction, communications, and policy recommendations to the County Board with respect to the following:
• Highway Safety Commission
Other Organization Relationships: The Infrastructure Committee will serve as Marathon County’s liaison to the following organizations:
• Marathon County Metro Planning
• Central Wisconsin Airport Board
• Rib Mountain Metro Sewer District
Page List |
Copyright: Marathon County, Wisconsin