(View minutes and agendas)
The Task Force gave a report to the full county board in fall 2015. The report is available here.
I. Task Force Name: Marathon County Connectivity Task Force
II. Purpose: To explore potential strategies and policy recommendations which improve increase connectivity and speed of internet access to rural Marathon County based on following:
- Best practices in other communities that have addressed connectivity
- Needs of the business and residents in underserved areas
- Identification of economic impact of connectivity including opportunities for business, education, health care, etc.
- Current fiber or infrastructure – where is it and what are the future needs
- Appropriate role for county government in encouraging private partnerships to address connectivity needs
- Financial impact including tax levy implications, grant funding, etc.
- Public safety enhancements of increased connectivity
III. Relationship to County Government Structure: This Task Force will report to the Marathon County Technology Committee.
IV. Member Appointment: The County Board Chair will appoint task force members
V. Member Terms and Qualifications: Members will be appointed to serve from November 2014 through December 2015. Membership will include one member each from the Technology, Infrastructure and Education & Economic Development Committees, two County Board Supervisors at large and one citizen member.
VI. Duties and Responsibilities: The Task Force will develop recommended strategies and policies to address connectivity and speed of internet access in rural Marathon County.
VII. Description of Deliverable: The Task Force will provide a final draft of recommended strategies and policies for consideration by the Executive Committee of the Marathon County Board by December 31, 2015.
VIII. Task Force Term: The Task Force will be appointed in October of 2014 and be chartered until December 31, 2015
E.J. Stark, Chairperson