County Road N between County Road X and County Road J is scheduled to be under construction beginning August 1st. The anticipated weekly schedule is listed below;
- August 1st - Process the existing pavement into a gravel base
- August 8th - Pave the lower layer of Asphalt
- August 15th - Pave the upper layer of Asphalt
- Auguat 22nd - Pave intersection and driveway connections to the new roadway
- August 29th - Place gravel shoulders and Guard Rail replacement
- September 6th - Install Pavement Marking and Remove Traffic Control signs and barricades
A Detour route is planned using County Road X, County Road Z and County Road Q. Access will be maintained at all times for residents and businesses located on County Road N.
During construction, drivers can expect to encounter rough and dusty driving conditions and delays. Driving through workzones can be hazardous for the motorists, hazardous for the workers and results in delays in construction completion as crews need to work around motorists; please use alternate routes when possible.
Additional County Road planned construction:
- Crews plan to begin construction on County Road J between County Road N and State Highway 52 later in August.
- County Road N from Grand Avenue to County Road X is planned to be repaved in 2018. The west end of the project is under City of Wausau jurisdiction and the east end is under Marathon County jurisdiction. The west end of this project includes utility and railroad coordination prior to construction. The County and City are working to schedule the construction work for the same construction season to minimize impact to residents and drivers.